Día de los Muertos is right around the corner and Disney/Pixar’s Coco is a great movie to help children learn about and celebrate the holiday. The characters in this movie are so interesting and make for a fun Disney printable. If your child is a fan of the movie, grab a copy of this Coco memory game to play together.
***This post includes affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Coco Memory Game
This matching game is a great way for Disney fans to practice visual discrimination, concentration, attention to detail, and taking turns, all while enjoying a favorite movie.
What Is Included
This printable memory game includes 12 different images related to the movie. There are two different size pieces included with this printable. You decide which size is best for your child to work with.
- All 12 images on one page (smaller game pieces)
- The 12 images on two pages, with six images to a page (larger game pieces)
What You Will Need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create this game for your child today. Here are some things you will need and a few additional suggestions.
- Printer paper
- If you would like to make the game pieces a little sturdier, you could use card stock paper
- If you would like to cut the pieces out faster, you could use a small paper cutter
- With white paper, it can sometimes be easy to see through from the back. To make the game pieces impossible to see through, you could glue them to construction paper after you cut them out or print them out on scrapbook paper (the kind that is white on one side)
- If you would like to make them really sturdy so they will last longer, you could laminate them using laminating pouches and a laminator
Are You Looking for More Coco Fun?
There is more Coco themed fun to be had. Check out what else you can find on our website!
How to Play the Coco Memory Game
- Print out two copies of the game pieces you want to use. You could use just the smaller pieces, just the larger pieces, or you could match large to small.
- Mix up the pieces and lay them face down on a flat surface. It helps to arrange them in a grid.
- Take turns flipping over two pieces.
- If the pieces match, you get to keep them.
- Keep playing until all the matches have been made.
How Many Players Can Play the Coco Memory Game?
This is entirely up to you. Generally, 2-4 players would be just right. But there is no reason why a child couldn’t play alone to try to find all of the matches.
How Can You Modify the Game for Younger Children?
You can use fewer game pieces or you can even arrange all of the pieces face up to make it easier to find the matches.
Use the Pieces for Sorting Games
This printable was designed to be a traditional memory matching game for children. There are a few different ways that your child could sort the pieces if you print out both sizes.
They could sort the pieces by big and little (large and small). All of the pictures are shown in both sizes.
They could sort by the different characters from the movie.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.