Disney’s animated classic Bambi has been loved for decades. It’s always fun introducing the older Disney movies to the younger generation like our parents introduced them to us. If you have a young Bambi movie fan who also enjoys Disney printables, grab a copy of this Bambi memory game to play today.
***This post includes affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Bambi Memory Game
This matching game is a great way for Disney fans to practice visual discrimination, concentration, attention to detail, and taking turns, all while enjoying a favorite movie.
What Is Included
This printable memory game includes 12 different images related to Bambi. There are two different size pieces included with this printable. You decide which size is best for your child to work with.
- All 12 images on one page (smaller game pieces)
- The 12 images on two pages, with six images to a page (larger game pieces)
What You Will Need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create this game for your child today. Here are some things you will need and a few additional suggestions.
- Printer paper
- If you would like to make the game pieces a little sturdier, you could use card stock paper
- If you would like to cut the pieces out faster, you could use a small paper cutter
- If you would like to make them really sturdy so they will last longer, you could laminate them using laminating pouches and a laminator
- With white paper, it can sometimes be easy to see through from the back. To make the game pieces impossible to see through, you could glue them to construction paper after you cut them out or print them out on scrapbook paper (the kind that is white on one side)
Are You Looking for More Bambi Fun?
There is more Bambi themed fun to be had. Check out what else you can find on our website!
How to Play the Bambi Memory Game
- Print out two copies of the game pieces you want to use. You could use just the smaller pieces, just the larger pieces, or you could match large to small.
- Mix up the pieces and lay them face down on a flat surface. It helps to arrange them in a grid.
- Take turns flipping over two pieces.
- If the pieces match, you get to keep them.
- Keep playing until all the matches have been made.
How Many Players Can Play the Bambi Memory Game?
This is entirely up to you. Generally, 2-4 players would be just right. But there is no reason why a child couldn’t play alone to try to find all of the matches.
How Can You Modify the Game for Younger Children?
You can use fewer game pieces or you can even arrange all of the pieces face up to make it easier to find the matches.
Use the Pieces for Sorting Games
This printable was designed to be a traditional memory matching game for children. There are a few different ways that your child could sort the pieces if you print out both sizes.
They could sort the pieces by big and little (large and small). All of the pictures are shown in both sizes.
They could sort by animals and not animals since there are images of items from nature too.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.