Disney printables are a great way for children to practice skills that might otherwise be a little boring. Disney characters and symbols make everything a lot more fun! If your child has been working on recognizing basic colors, go ahead and download this free printable Minnie bow colors memory game to play.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Minnie Bow Colors Memory Game
This matching game is a great way for Disney fans to practice visual discrimination, concentration, attention to detail, and taking turns. It is also a great way for young children to practice recognizing colors.
What Is Included
This printable memory game includes Minnie Mouse bow images in 12 different colors. There are two different size pieces included with this printable. You decide which size is best for your child to work with.
- All 12 images on one page (smaller game pieces)
- The 12 images on two pages, with six images to a page (larger game pieces)
What You Will Need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create this game for your child today. Here are some things you will need and a few additional suggestions.
- Printer paper
- If you would like to make the game pieces a little sturdier, you could use card stock paper
- If you would like to cut the pieces out faster, you could use a small paper cutter
- With white paper, it can sometimes be easy to see through from the back. To make the game pieces impossible to see through, you could glue them to construction paper after you cut them out or print them out on scrapbook paper (the kind that is white on one side)
- If you would like to make them really sturdy so they will last longer, you could laminate them using laminating pouches and a laminator
How to Play the Minnie Bow Colors Memory Game
- Print out two copies of the game pieces you want to use. You could use just the smaller pieces, just the larger pieces, or you could match large to small.
- Mix up the pieces and lay them face down on a flat surface. It helps to arrange them in a grid.
- Take turns flipping over two pieces.
- If the pieces match, you get to keep them.
- Keep playing until all the matches have been made.
How Many Players Can Play the Game?
This is entirely up to you. Generally, 2-4 players would be just right. But there is no reason why a child couldn’t play alone to try to find all of the matches.
How Can You Modify the Game for Younger Children?
You can use fewer game pieces or you can even arrange all of the pieces face up to make it easier to find the matches.
Use the Pieces for Sorting Games
This printable was designed to be a traditional memory matching game for children. There are a few different ways that your child could sort the pieces if you print out both sizes.
They could sort the pieces by big and little (large and small). All of the Minnie bow pictures are shown in both sizes.
They could sort by the colors of the bows.
They could even sort by colors that they like or don’t like.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.