The Frozen 2 excitement has begun! Now would be a great time to play a game that includes the characters from the original movie. If your child enjoys memory games and loves free Disney printables, go ahead a grab a copy of this Frozen memory game free printable to play together.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information. ***
Frozen Memory Game
This matching game is a great way for Disney fans to practice visual discrimination, concentration, attention to detail, and taking turns.
What Is Included
This printable memory game includes 12 images of characters from the movie Frozen. There are two different size pieces included with this printable. You decide which size is best for your child to work with.
- All 12 images on one page (smaller game pieces)
- The 12 images on two pages, with six images to a page (larger game pieces)
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer (Cardstock paper would work best, so that you can’t see the images through the back.)
- Laminating Pouches (Laminating is optional, but it does make the pieces last longer)
How to Play the Frozen Memory Game
- Print out two copies of the game pieces you want to use. You could use just the smaller pieces, just the larger pieces, or you could match large to small.
- Mix up the pieces and lay them face down on a flat surface. It helps to arrange them in a grid.
- Take turns flipping over two pieces.
- If the pieces match, you get to keep them.
- Keep playing until all the matches have been made.
How Many Players Can Play the Game?
This is entirely up to you. Generally, 2-4 players would be just right. But there is no reason why a child couldn’t play alone to try to find all of the matches.
How Can You Modify the Game for Younger Children?
You can use fewer game pieces or you can even arrange all of the pieces face up to make it easier to find the matches.
Use the Pieces for Sorting Games
This printable was designed to be a traditional memory matching game for children. There are a few different ways that your child could sort the pieces if you print out both sizes.
They could sort the pieces by big and little (large and small). All of the character pictures are shown in both sizes.
They could sort by the characters since each character appears more than once.
They could even sort by the type of clothing that the characters are wearing. Even young Frozen fans can tell these outfits apart.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.
Clip art for this printable purchased from Cutesiness on Etsy.