The preschool years are such an important time in a child’s life. They learn so many basic skills and it helps to make it fun. If you have a young Disney fan who is working on scissor skills, download this Mickey colors cutting practice free printable today.
***This post includes affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Mickey Colors Cutting Practice
Cutting practice pages are a fun and simple activity that is perfect for preschoolers.
Learning how to use scissors correctly (and safely) is a very important milestone for school.
Cutting with scissors is a fine motor skill that also involves hand-eye coordination. It takes lots of practice and requires guidance from adults in the beginning.
What Is Included
This printable activity includes three pages.
- The first two pages include different types of lines for your child to cut. There are both zig-zag style lines and wavy lines.
- The third page includes common shapes for your child to cut out.
What You Will Need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create this activity for your child today. Here are some things you will need and a few additional suggestions.
- The Mickey Colors Cutting Practice pages (scroll to the bottom for the download link).
- Printer paper and a printer.
- Sometimes flimsy printer paper is difficult for young children to work with when using scissors. A heavy weight paper could be a better option.
- These preschool training scissors would be perfect for very young children.
- Basic blunt scissors would also work well.
How to Use the Mickey Colors Cutting Practice Pages
- Print out whatever pages you would like your child to work with.
- You can give them an entire page or you can cut out the “strips” along the solid lines ahead of time for them.
- Have your child cut along the lines, starting at the bottom, until they reach the Mickeys.
- When they are ready, have them cut out the shapes on the third page.
- Help your child move and pivot the paper, rather than the scissors, to make things easier.
What Else Can You Do With the Cutting Pages?
The dashed lines on the cutting pages would also work well as a tracing activity. Just use a pencil, crayon, etc. to trace the lines instead of cutting them.
More Mickey Colors Fun
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.